Set in the heart of Ōmokoroa, The Village has transformed the community, making it easier for people to shop, dine, work and access important local services – now and into the future.
First Principles Architects from Tauranga designed The Village, which is spread across four main buildings on a 1.6ha site. Work began on this vital community project in March 2022.
RZG Construction was selected by Fosters to deliver all environmental controls, earthworks, three waters installation, pavements and asphalt surfacing, and kerbing.
With our extensive experience in delivering high-profile three waters and land development projects, RZG Construction had the skills and expertise to deliver this large-scale project, which included 25,000m³ of earthworks, 7,000m² of pavements, and 2,000m² of footpaths.
Traffic, noise and vibration management was a top priority for the RZG Construction team, with the worksite located within a densely populated residential area and opposite existing businesses. We worked closely with our subcontractors, clients and stakeholders to minimise the impact on the community – and as a result, no complaints were received from the community during the project.
As a result of our performance and the high quality of work, Foster awarded RZG Construction a follow-on project.
Key deliverables included:
- 25,000m³ of earthworks
- Extensive three water installation including all tie-ins to council services
- 7,000m² of pavements and asphalt surfacing including kerbing and over 2,000m² of footpaths
- HDPE water up to 180mm diameter, Fire Hydrants, RPZ and connections to existing mains
- HDD 180mm HDPE sewer under the road
- Extensive traffic management
- Working around many existing underground services